Please read below for a number of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about GWIN:
What can I expect if I attend a GWIN meeting?
At a typical GWIN meeting, the doors open at 5:30 pm for registration, casual networking and an opportunity to set up and/or look at the display tables. When the meeting opens, the President gives a brief welcome, followed by dinner and table discussions. Up to two members then give five-minute “Business Biographies” to introduce members and guests to their work. All attendees have an opportunity to give a 15 second introduction to their business and then the Guest Speaker presents their topic. The meeting is adjourned around 9:00 pm.
When and where are the meetings?
GWIN meets are held on the first Tuesday of every month from September to June (the September and January meetings may be moved to avoid conflict with holidays). We meet at the Springfield Golf and Country Club, 2054 Gordon Street in Guelph (see map) for all the meetings.
Who may attend the meetings?
You do not have to be a GWIN member to attend our meetings. Members pay a $30.00 fee, and non-members are charged $40.00. Non-members who purchase a GWIN membership at the meeting receive a $10.00 rebate on the non-member fee.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Reservations are required and are taken online only by 8:00 p.m. on the Sunday prior to the meeting. Cancellations are taken by email only up to 10:00 a.m. on the Monday prior to the meeting. You will be billed if you do not give the required notice of your reservation cancellation. Click “Register” beside any upcoming monthly meeting to register.
How do I book a display table?
As a GWIN member, you may book a 1/2 table display by requesting it when you register online. This is a no charge benefit of membership.
Are there ways for me to advertise my business through GWIN?
At GWIN meetings, you can set up a table display and/or present a business bio, which allows you to circulate your business cards and brochures to all meeting attendees on that evening. You can also donate a gift for the 50-50 draw; when you do so, you are mentioned in our monthly newsletter. All members are listed in the membership directory, which is available on the GWIN Web site.
What are the benefits of joining GWIN?
- GWIN has an excellent educational Speaker Program.
- GWIN members can present their Business Bio to the other event attendees. (once per GWIN year)
- GWIN members can present monthly table top displays of their businesses at no charge.
- GWIN members have the opportunity to participate in trade shows.
- GWIN believes in and encourages referral networking.
- GWIN members have access to affordable Web and newsletter advertising opportunities.
- GWIN members have the opportunity to submit articles and book reviews for publication in the GWIN Newsletter and on the GWIN Website.
- GWIN members can attend Guelph Chamber of Commerce events at member prices.
- GWIN offers a non-judgmental learning environment.
- GWIN boasts tons of camaraderie, inspiration and support for you and your business.