GWIN is an organization dedicated to promoting the success of women by providing education, fostering relationships and giving back to the community.
GWIN offers one $1,500 scholarship to one female college or university student each year.
Recipients must be:
- full-time college or university student;
- program of study is over 30 weeks in duration;
- have completed at least 1 year (2 semesters) of a university or college program and will be continuing their studies; and
- resident of Wellington County and/or a registered student at a College or University in Wellington County.
In an ongoing effort to promote the next generation of women in business and the professions, GWIN is interested in acknowledging and supporting women who:
- show academic excellence;
- show responsibility and leadership
- are involved in their local and scholastic community; and
- are working towards a career that will advocate, promote and enhance the success of women.
For this year’s scholarships, we encourage all interested women to download a copy of the application form here: Apply online
All submissions must be received by May 31st (Midnight) of the current calendar year.
When submitting your application online, we will only accept PDF versions of your documents.
If you have any questions concerning the scholarship competition, please contact us.
- Completeness of your application is crucial: incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Your submission to the Scholarship Selection Committee must include the following items:
- One application form, fully completed and signed;
- Two letters of recommendation:one (1) specific to academics or employment and one (1) from a community service organization;
- An essay, between 500 to 750 words, double spaced, containing the answers to the following three questions:
- What are you planning to do upon graduation and why?
- What activities have you participated in (inside and outside of school) that have helped you reach your personal and professional goals? Please include information about volunteer work, other extracurricular activities and how you have demonstrated responsibility and leadership.
- How will you advocate, promote, or enhance the success of women through your business, personal or professional development?
- Transcripts from all of the post-secondary institutions you have attended (good quality photocopies are acceptable). If you are enrolled in, or currently attending, your first year of study, you must also include a copy of your secondary school transcript. The transcript from your current post-secondary institution must be current as of February 1st of the current school year and must verify the following:
- Current program of study;
- Length of course;
- Percentage of the course completed; and
- Full time student status.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- If in doubt, submit your application.
- References from family or friends will not be considered.
- When asking a faculty member for a letter of reference, take your resumé with you, so they will be more informed.
- Do not submit something that wasn’t asked for.
How to Submit Your Application
Application forms are only available on this website. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted. All applications must be reviewed by May 31 of the current calendar year.
All applications must be submitted by May 31 of the current calendar year.
The successful candidate will be notified by mail by July 31st, and contacted by phone in the first week of September to confirm details of her formal introduction to the GWIN membership which will be held during GWIN’s regular dinner meeting, the first Tuesday in October. The successful candidate must be available to attend the October GWIN dinner in order to be awarded her scholarship.
All applications and their attachments will be kept for a minimum of six months and a maximum of 12 months and then destroyed. All applications will be treated confidentially.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please feel free to contact us.