GWIN offers one $1,000 scholarship to one female college or university student each year. Recipients are women who strive for academic excellence, show responsibility and leadership, are involved in their local and scholastic community, and are working towards a career that will advocate, promote, or enhance the success of women.
For this year’s scholarships, we encourage all interested women to download a copy of the application form here: Apply online!
- full-time college or university student
- program of study is over 30 weeks in duration
- enrolled in 1st year of studies or have completed at least 1 year of your studies
- permanent resident of Wellington County, or a registered student at a College or University in Wellington County
All submissions must be received by, or post-marked for, May 31 of the current calendar year.
If you have any questions concerning the scholarship competition, please contact us.
Please type or print neatly in black ink.
Completeness of your application is crucial: incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Your submission to the Scholarship Selection Committee must include the following items:
- One application form, fully completed and signed.
- Two letters of recommendation: such as, academic, employer or a community service organization;
- Up to three (3) pages in total, containing the answers to the following three questions:
- What are you planning to do upon graduation?
- What activities have you participated in (inside and outside of school) that have helped you reach your personal and professional goals? Please include information about volunteer work and other extracurricular activities.
- How will you advocate, promote, or enhance the success of women through your business, personal or professional development?
- Transcripts from all of the post-secondary institutions you have attended (good quality photocopies are acceptable). If you are enrolled in, or currently attending, your first year of study, you must also include a copy of your secondary school transcript. The transcript from your current post-secondary institution must be current as of February 1st of the current school year and must verify the following:
- Current program of study
- Length of course
- Percentage of the course completed
- Full time student status
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- If in doubt, submit your application.
- References from family or friends will not be considered.
- When asking a faculty member for a letter of reference, take your resumé with you, so they will be more informed.
- Do not submit something that wasn’t asked for.
How to Submit Your Application
Application forms are available on this website, you can print one here. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. All applications must be received by, or post-marked for, May 31 of the current calendar year.
Mail your completed application form, along with all supporting documentation to:
GWIN Scholarship Selection Committee
Suite 114, 3-304 Stone Road West
Guelph, Ontario N1G 4W4
The successful candidate will be notified by mail, and contacted by phone in the first week of September to confirm details of her formal introduction to the GWIN membership which will be held during GWIN’s regular dinner meeting, the first Tuesday in October. The successful candidate must be available to attend the October GWIN dinner meeting in order that she be awarded her scholarship.
All applications and their attachments will be kept for a minimum of six months and a maximum of 12 months and then destroyed. All applications will be treated confidentially.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please feel free to contact us.
Having your teeth cleaned without going to the dentist.
Creator of Handcrafted Natural soaps & Bath products.
~ Soaps to Soothe the Soul ~