All positions request a 2-year commitment. As positions may come open during the year, an interim-Director may be selected. Interim Directors may choose to stay in the position and be confirmed by the board of directors and GWIN members at the following Annual General Meeting. If you are interested in a Board position, fill out the form below please reach and a Director or the President will respond.
Should you have question about a specific position please reach out to the secretary, or the specific director.
INTERESTED IN JOINING GWIN EXECUTIVE?
The nomination process for open board seats is opened in February for position appointments expiring or when a position needs to be filled. Confirmation of the selected Directors occurs in the Annual General Meeting (AGM), each May through member participation.
Nominations must be a current GWIN member in excellent standing and a member for the 11 months prior to the AGM. You can self-nominate or nominate another. Some positions have other participation requirements, you should check with each current Director. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
Skills necessary for the operations in the board are as follows. This list in not necessarily complete and should you have questions, please reach out to the individual position or the President.
- Leadership, organization, desire to learn and grow
- Operation of Google Suite – Email, Forms, Documents, Spreadsheets, Drive
- Operation of video chat for board meetings
- Self starter, well organized, supervisory skills as most Directors manage their own volunteers
- Each position requires differing amounts of work, therefore the time commitment can be a few hours a week to 10+ hours
- Roles are committed for 2 years minimum