Please read below for a number of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about GWIN:
What can I expect if I attend a GWIN meeting?
GWIN meetings have moved online! We open at 7:00 pm. At meeting open, the President gives a brief welcome an announcements. Every meeting has a slightly different format, and may include Break-Out rooms, Speakers, Games and Networking. The meeting concludes around 9:00 pm.
When and where are the meetings?
GWIN meetings are usually held on the first Tuesday of every month from September to June (meetings may be moved to avoid conflicts). We currently meet online in a Zoom meeting due to the covid-19 situation.
Who may attend the meetings?
You do not have to be a GWIN member to attend our meetings. Members enjoy discounted rates to meetings and Guests pay a nominal fee to support the organization as a registered Not for Profit. See our events page for details.
Do I need to pre-register?
Registrations are required and are taken online only. Cancellations are not accepted at this time. Click “Register” beside any upcoming monthly meeting to register.
Are there ways for me to advertise my business through GWIN?
Members that dedicate their time to the organization through volunteerism are highlighted in our Newsletter and through our social media channels.
What are the benefits of joining GWIN?
- Educational Speaker Program at member discount
- Member Directory Online – Each member has a listing in our online directory to showcase your business and contributions to GWIN
- Business Bio opportunity – Members can present their business to event attendees once per GWIN program year (not running due to the COVID-19 situation)
- Monthly tabletop opportunity to display your businesses at our meetings (not running due to the COVID-19 situation)
- Promote your business and encourages referral networking
- GWIN member volunteers are highlighted in our monthly Newsletter and on our website
- Members can attend Guelph Chamber of Commerce events at member prices