GWIN is an organization dedicated to promoting the success of women by providing education, fostering relationships and giving back to the community.
GWIN offers one $1,000 scholarship to one college or university student each year.
Recipients are required to:
- identify as female
- full-time college or university student
- program of study is over 30 weeks in duration
- be enrolled in their first (1) year of studies or have completed at least one (1) year of studies;
- reside and/or a registered student at a College or University in Wellington County or City of Guelph
In an ongoing effort to promote the next generation of women in business and the professions, GWIN is interested in acknowledging and supporting women who:
- show academic excellence
- show responsibility and leadership
- are involved in their local and scholastic community
- are working towards a career that will advocate, promote and enhance the success of women
For this year’s scholarships, we encourage all interested individuals to fill out a copy of the application form here: Apply online
All submissions must be received by May 31st (Midnight) of the current calendar year.
When submitting your application online, we prefer PDF versions of your documents.
If you have any questions concerning the scholarship competition, please contact us.
- Completeness of your application is crucial: incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Your submission to the Scholarship Selection Committee must include the following items:
- One application form fully completed;
- Two letters of recommendation: best practice is one (1) specific to academics or employment and one (1) from a community service organization;
- Answer the essay questions. The following questions are on the application form:
- What are you planning to do upon graduation and why?
- What activities have you participated in (inside and outside of school) that have helped you reach your personal and professional goals? Please include information about volunteer work, other extracurricular activities and how you have demonstrated responsibility and leadership.
- How will you advocate, promote, or enhance the success of women through your business, personal or professional development?
- Transcripts must be current as of February 1st of the year of application and verify the following:
- Current program of study
- Length of course
- Full-time student status
- Name of the institution
- Your name
- Student number
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- If in doubt, submit your completed application
- References from family or friends will not be considered
- When asking a faculty member for a letter of reference, take your resumé with you, so they will be more informed
- Only submit requested items
How to Submit Your Application
Application forms are available on this website. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by May 31 of the current calendar year.
The successful candidate will be notified by email. Details of thier formal introduction to the GWIN membership which will be held during GWIN’s monthly meetings, usually the first Tuesday in September or October. The successful candidate should be available to attend the GWIN ceremony.
All applications and their attachments will be kept for a minimum of six months and a maximum of 12 months and then destroyed. All applications will be treated confidentially.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please feel free to contact us.